The 2022 American Hospital Association Quest for Quality Prize Application is Now Available.
Who Should Apply
Hospitals and health systems committed to advancing health by
- Providing access to exceptional quality, safe and patient- and family-centered and affordable care that promotes individual and community well-being
- Partnering with other community organizations and agencies to improve the health status of their communities and address disparities
- Developing new and innovative models of care, services and collaboration to provide seamless care
- Partnering with patients and families to design the patient care experience and engage them fully in their health
Quest for Quality honorees inspire other hospitals and systems with the story of their journey, their accomplishments and their aspirations.
This year, there are two ways to apply for the AHA Quest for Quality prize:
- Click to download the application (please note there are two versions of the application — one for hospitals and one for health systems; be sure you are using the appropriate application.) Save the completed application, including any support letters, as a single PDF file. Include the organization name in the file name and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Click to use our online submission platform. The application does not have to be completed all at once. Applicants can save their progress, log out and return to the application later. The application is editable until you click SUBMIT. No edits can be made to the application after it has been submitted.
How do you know if your organization is “ready” to apply?
The quest for quality is a journey without end; you should apply if your organization is striving to:
- Raise awareness of the value of a hospital-wide/system-wide commitment to advancing health in America by providing access to exceptional quality, safe, and patient- and family-centered and affordable care that promotes individual and community well-being and adds value to lives
- Showcase successful efforts to develop and promote new and innovative models of care, services and collaboration to provide seamless care
- Inspire hospitals and systems to lead and partner with other community organizations to improve health status and address health care disparities
- Recognize hospital and system leadership to improve efficiency and effectiveness of care
Hospitals and systems tell us that going through the application process was valuable in and of itself — it led to amazing discoveries about their own organization, their dedicated teams, and their best practices and innovation.
Applications are due October 15, 2021.
All health systems and hospitals in the United States are eligible to apply for the award. A “system” is defined as two or more hospitals owned, leased, sponsored or contract managed by a central organization. “System” shall refer to the parent organization and “hospital” shall refer to the system’s individual hospitals. Depending on your organization type, you have the option of selecting the “Hospital” or “Health System” application. Please note that the hospital application is different from the health system application; be sure you are using the appropriate application. Please also be aware that a hospital that is part of a system may apply separately using the hospital application even if the system as a whole is applying using the system application. However, if the system is selected for a site visit, the hospital would not be eligible for a separate site visit and would be considered only as part of the system.
Please contact Cecily Pew (email@example.com), senior director, association governance, with any questions about the prize.
2021 Quest for Quality Honorees*
2021 Winner: Yale New Haven Health
2021 Finalist: Memorial Healthcare System
2021 Finalist: Yuma Regional Medical Center
*The 2021 Quest for Quality Prize was generously sponsored by RLDatix.