Addressing the impact of COVID-19 will require hospital and health system leaders to think and act in new ways. Collaboration, innovation and access to leading subject-matter experts in the field will drive organizational success.
The recently launched AHA Living Learning Network (LLN) provides essential resources through a peer-to-peer community of health care professionals dedicated to helping hospitals and health systems recover, rebuild and reimagine health care while responding to the pandemic.
Funded by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the virtual platform offers a gathering place for experts in the field, thought leaders and colleagues across the nation to connect with their peers on unexpected challenges and provides real-time support through sharing best practices, creative solutions and collaborating to create tools and resources to reimagine health care.
Key topics that have been discussed in the LLN include:
- Current evidence-based COVID-19 tools and resources.
- Temperature checks and COVID-19 screening best practices and creative solutions.
- Personal protective equipment preservation strategies.
- Operating room practices with a positive COVID-19 patient.
- Surge capacity and preparedness.
- COVID-19 visitation policies and procedures.
- Infection prevention and control protocols in various settings of hospitals.
Submit your Living Learning Network interest form today to join the conversation.