Assess your digital capabilities and take action today with the AHA Digital Pulse.
Prioritizing and implementing digital has never been more important, but it’s often difficult to know where to start. The American Hospital Association, in collaboration with healthcare digital transformation consultancy AVIA, is providing a free resource for members, the AHA Digital Pulse. The Digital Pulse helps hospitals and health systems assess current digital capabilities and plan for the future.
AHA Digital Pulse is a self-assessment that helps your organization:
- Learn where your existing capabilities can support scaling digital transformation
- Prioritize high-value solutions to take rapid action with the most impact
- Benchmark your digital capabilities against other industry leaders
- Explore the solutions and access the resources that can help you achieve progress
NOTE: This resource is available to organizational members of the AHA.
AHA Digital Pulse is NOT supported on Internet Explorer. We recommend using Chrome, Firefox, Safari or Microsoft Edge.
Watch to Learn More:How To Access COVID-19 Digital Resources
Explore These Assessments
Advance the integration of physical and behavioral health with digital solutions
Organizations need to strengthen the care delivery ecosystem by integrating behavioral and physical health care, improving workforce capacity through digital, and expanding substance use disorder treatment capabilities. This Pulse has two components:
Increasing Access & Capacity
- Tele-MAT Services
- Telemental Services
- Peer Support Services
- On-demand Behavioral Health
Driving Clinical Innovation
- Behavioral Health Screening
- Behavioral Health Integration
- ED-based Mental Health Interventions
- ED-based SUD Interventions
Learn how your peers are rapidly scaling their digital response to this crisis
The COVID-19 pandemic requires healthcare providers to respond to a dynamic healthcare crisis swiftly, efficiently, and safely. The capabilities addressed in this Pulse were reported by the AVIA Innovation Network to be the most critical, urgent and effectively supported by digital solutions. They include:
Adopting Clinical Care for COVID-19
- Screening & triage
- Virtual visits
- Remote monitoring for surveillance and containment
- Adapting care for non-COVID patients
Adopting Operations for COVID-19
- Call center management
- Capacity planning and preparedness
- Remote work and teleconferencing
- Mitigating supply shortages
- Critical asset tracking and management
Community Coordination for COVID-19
- Patient and community communication
- Patient Education
- Addressing social needs
Digital Front Door
Unlock your digital front door and enable seamless patient experiences
This Digital Pulse Assessment will guide your team through an evaluation of how effectively your organization has established a Digital Front Door for your patients. The assessment will allow you to evaluate your capabilities including:
Search To Schedule
- Provider directory
- Provider search
- Ratings and reviews transparency
- Consumer scheduling
Triage, Navigate and Treat
- Virtual triage
- Virtual visit – asynchronous
- Virtual visit – synchronous
- Low-acuity care navigation
Digital Pulse In Action
CEO Perspective on Digital Strategy
Hear from two hospital leaders about how the AHA Digital Pulse positively impacted their initiatives for and perspectives on their digital capabilities.
Digital Tools Can Help Address COVID-19
Andy Shin, COO of the AHA’s Center for Health Innovation, discusses successful digital response strategies and lessons learned with AVIA and Verily.
Getting started is easy
Begin your digital transformation journey here.
Instructions for registering for access to AHA Digital Pulse and assembling a team to complete the assessment.
Learn more about the benefits of using the AHA Digital Pulse to measure your performance and drive your digital strategy.
Answers to questions that may arise as you access and use AHA Digital Pulse.
Take a closer look
Join an informational webinar to learn more
We’re hosting an informational webinar twice a month at 12:00-12:45pm Central Time. Pick the date that works best for you.
Webinars will take place twice a month.