The cornerstone of the AHA Team Training program, the TeamSTEPPS Master Training Course is a two-day learning experience with a train-the-trainer approach. This approach utilizes active learning through games, scenarios and discussion and allows participants to experience and learn the tools and principles in the TeamSTEPPS Fundamentals on day one. On day two, participants will learn the skills and resources for training, implementing and coaching peers on the behaviors needed to achieve positive results. This course option is taught by – and produces – Master Trainers.
Attending a TeamSTEPPS Master Training course has great benefits:
- Learn from your peers. This course is taught by clinical colleagues who do this work every day and find value in it. Attend a course onsite at a health system and learn from an interprofessional group of your peers.
- Build internal capacity within your organization. Walk away with a suite of tools and skills in addition to an action plan to help make your team more efficient and able to provide better care for patients. This allows you to build capacity within your organization and expand your team.
- Improve value in health care. Build up leadership skills needed to improve quality outcomes as well as patient and staff satisfaction.
In light of ongoing COVID-19 developments and safety recommendations, we are not holding any in-person courses at this time. Learn more about our virtual course options. Please continue to check back for updates to our in-person course schedule.
The registration fee is $650 per person. This fee includes course materials, meals, continuing education credits and a TeamSTEPPS Master Trainer certificate. There are no requirements to attend this course although it is recommended for participants to come with 2-3 team members if feasible. For teams of 3 or more attending the same course, we offer a team discount of $100 off each person's registration. To receive the team discount or to pay by invoice, please email firstname.lastname@example.org before registering.
Substitutions, Cancellations and Refunds
If you registered for a course but can no longer attend, you may send a substitute, by emailing email@example.com. If you must cancel entirely, your request for a refund — minus a $250 processing fee — must be made in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 10 business days prior to a course. Refunds will be processed within two weeks of the request. Cancellations made within 10 business days of a course will not be eligible for a refund. In the unlikely event that AHA Team Training cancels a course due to low enrollment, public health concerns, natural disasters or unforeseen weather conditions, commercial or financial circumstances, or any other foreseen or unforeseen event, AHA Team Training will provide a refund for registration costs but is not responsible for non-refundable items such as airfare and hotel costs.
Additional Meeting Details
Who Should Attend
Everyone is welcome to attend a Master Training course! Whether you are clinical or non-clinical, anyone who works in the health care field and is interested in improving teamwork and communication, as well as working on implementation and change management, should attend.
Who are they?
Registered nurses, advanced practice registered nurses, physicians, physician assistants, technicians, pharmacists, medical or dental residents/interns, pre-professional students and non-clinical professionals including those in academia, quality, administrative and patient safety.
Where do they come from?
Hospitals and health systems (including medical offices and clinics), pre-professional academic institutions, ambulatory care facilities, nursing homes, skilled nursing facilities, acute long-term care hospitals, governmental agencies, military treatment facilities, associations and non-profits.
You will be asked to complete pre-work before the course. You will receive detailed information in your confirmation email. The pre-work allows the faculty the opportunity to get to know more about you and your organization ahead of time, allowing them to create a course more tailored to your organization’s needs. It is estimated to take 30 minutes to complete.
Course Agenda and Learning Objectives
These are the modules you can expect to experience throughout the two-day course.
Day 1: TeamSTEPPS Fundamentals
- TeamSTEPPS Introduction
- Team Structure
- Leading Teams
- Situation Monitoring
- Mutual Support
- Daily Wrap-Up and Evaluation
Day 2: Change Management
- Change Management: How to Achieve a Culture of Safety
- Coaching Workshop
- Implementation Planning Workshop
- Reflection/Daily Wrap-Up and Evaluation
This course will cover the following learning objectives:
- Identify common communication and teamwork related challenges in health care
- Learn the TeamSTEPPS tools and how they can help to overcome communication and teamwork related challenges
- Analyze how the TeamSTEPPS tools can be effectively implemented in the health care setting
- Practice the use of the TeamSTEPPS tools in practical scenarios and simulations
- Construct a plan to teach, coach, measure and implement the TeamSTEPPS tools
Continuing Education Credit
Participants will earn 13 credits by attending the course and completing all CE requirements. CE credit is provided by Duke University Health System Clinical Education & Professional Development. They are accredited by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE) and the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME).
Continental breakfast and lunch will be provided each day of the course.
Please dress business casual. You may wish to bring a sweater or jacket since the meeting rooms are cold at times.